This may be the 100th article that you have read about how to protect yourself from this easily transmutable virus…however, here it goes.
We have read and know the list, never the less, I will post it again…. How do I protect myself from getting the Coronavirus?:
- Avoid close contact with people that are sick. Or, avoid contact with others, regardless of being sick or not.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently. Wash for 20 seconds, and if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick, or, stay home regardless of sick or not.
- Cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze with a tissue and then discard tissue in the trash. If no tissue is available, sneeze or cough into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects in your home.
- Social distance yourself from others by at least 6 feet.
As I mentioned before, this list has circulated around multiple times and almost feels like…so yesterday. The fact of the matter is this…If you do not want to catch the coronavirus, staying inside, away from people is your safest bet. I have been walking for exercise, and am shocked that people are walking right by each other, with no concern. I have been inside of grocery stores, and there is no social distancing happening there either. We can be very careful, but in the end, if we are out in public, we run the risk of catching it, because others are not carful. Wearing a mask and gloves helps, but the more that you go into businesses and bring things into your home, the more you run the risk of bringing in the virus.
So, stay inside and if you have to go somewhere, wear a mask and gloves, take them off properly (video will be added to the blog soon), and wash your hands before touching anything. Stay safe and healthy!!