With the ongoing crisis of COVID-19, gloves are being used to prevent the spread of the virus. Though gloves can be protective, it’s important that you know how to properly remove them. Unfortunately, many glove-wearers don’t know how to properly handle gloves, which puts them at a higher risk of being infected. Read below to get step-by-step instructions on using and removing gloves.
- With both gloves on, and assuming the gloves are dirty, take one gloved hand and pinch the opposite hand just above the wrist. You’re pinching the glove, not your bare skin.
- Once the opposite glove is pinched, pull the glove away from your body— turning it inside-out.
- Hold the removed glove with your gloved hand.
- Begin removing the second glove by slipping your clean hand inside the glove at the top of your wrist.
- Pull the second glove away from your body. This turns the glove inside-out.
You’re turning the dirty gloves inside out. Once you’ve done this, you can safely discard the gloves.
At Trusted Life Care, we’re placing safety first. To learn more about how we’re dealing with this crisis, contact us today.